High volumetric capacity anode for Li-ion battery operating at 60°C
- University of Montpellier
- University of Pau and Pays de l’Adour
- University of Picardie Jules Verne/li>
- Institut Charles Gerhardt de Montpellier
- Institut des Sciences Analytiques et de Physico-chimie pour l’Environnement et les Matériaux
ContextLithium ion (Li-ion) batteries are nowadays able to meet the requirements of the energy production market in isolated sites. During operation, batteries undergo a temperature rise that is detrimental to their cycling capacity (charge/discharge).
BenefitsThe special design of a TiSnSb electrode provides a solution to the cycling problem, while maintaining high capacity values. Indeed, the electrode developed supports a number of charge/discharge cycles much higher than current electrodes and, in addition, in temperature (around 60°C).
ApplicationsIntegration in Li-ion batteries, for embedded or stationary solutions
AVAILABLE TECHNOLOGY I Batteries – Li-ion